St Andrews Scotland

What do you thank God for?

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Amen

I love helping people. The Bible says that God helps us so that we in turn can help others. I really do enjoy helping people through their difficult times.

But thats only if i can.

Sometimes u try to help someone. But it takes so much out of u. Physically, emotionally. Who am I to help others without God's strength and wisdom?

I share alot of things with my mom. I'm really close to her. I even tell her who my crushes are. Anyway, yes i talk to my mom alot (it would be my dad as well but he's overseas see). I've been telling her about some of my current social problems. She's always telling me "don't waste so much time on helping other people at the expense of yourself! Go study!" So, being the momma's boy i am, i obey lah.

As most ppl know, i'm in the midst of my prelims. People have been telling me to not care about the exams so much. "don't take it so seriously!" they say. But i can't. Coz an exam is an exam, and in every exam i take i want to excel. So now, my time and energy is focused on mugging. Other than the occasional basketball game or zone event, i would be at home or in some tranquil place trying to squeeze every bit of knowledge from my textbooks. Time's precious. It's limited.
Proverbs 22:29 "Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.

Point is, I want to help, but in my priorities list, study comes first. I want to glorify God in my studies before anything else. Brendan, if u really need someone to talk to, i already told u. Talk to your cellgroup leader. That's what a cgl is for. Really. I'm sure he's alot better at advising than most of your friends too(including me of course). If not ur cgl, how about your mentor or even pst YK. I'm sure he'll help u. You're not short of sources for help.

Not that i'm trying to push u away or deter u. No, not at all. You've got to understand what i say. Like tim mentioned, you're probably the one thats gonna take over acsi's chc population. But when u do, promise us that you'll radiate and reflect God's joy and peace to people. The Joy of the Lord is our Strength! We are to be the salt and the light. The ppl who bring flavour to other's lives. Of course, u can't please everyone. Jesus had his fair share of enemies.


This goes out to everyone. The word of God is a great source for encouragement and direction. Treat it as the manual to Life.
Proverbs 6:23 says "For the commandment is a lamp, and the law a light; Reproofs of instruction are the way of life."



Some verses from Proverbs, the book of wisdom in the Bible. Please take some time to read them.
Proverbs 12:1 "Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid."
Proverbs 11:14 "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."
Proverbs 14:29 "He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, but he who is impulsive exalts folly."
Proverbs 22:24-25 "Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul.


Finally, a verse which really spoke to me.
Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed"
Check out verse 6 as well.


@ 2:14 AM